Yesterday was set aside, nationally, as Sanctity of Life Sunday. We whole heartedly agree with thousands of churches across America that this is an issue for which the Bible is not silent. We believe life begins at conception which means we believe that decisions made concerning the unborn are of the the utmost importance.
We not only believe in the sanctity of the unborn children of America but we believe we should also fight for the lives of the unborn around the world. Abortion is a global problem.
- North Africa Countries: Algeria, Egypt, Libya, Morocco, South Sudan, Sudan, Tunisia, Western Sahara. Abortion rate: 18 per 1,000 women
- South African Countries: Botswana, Lesotho, Namibia, South Africa, Swaziland. Abortion rate: 15 per 1,000 women
- North American Countries: Canada and the United States
- Abortion rate: 19 per 1,000 women
- Western Africa Countries: Benin, Burkina Faso, Cape Verde, Cote d’Ivoire, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Liberia, Mali, Mauritania, Niger, Nigeria, Saint Helena, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Togo. Abortion rate: 28 per 1,000 women
- Eastern Asia Countries: China, Hong Kong, Macao, Korea, Japan, Mongolia. Abortion rate: 28 per 1,000 women
- South American Countries: Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil (pictured), Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Falkland Islands, French Guiana, Guyana, Paraguay, Peru, Suriname, Uruguay, Venezuela. Abortion rate: 32 per 1,000 women
- Southeastern Asia Countries: Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Vietnam. Abortion rate: 36 per 1,000 women
- Eastern Europe Countries: Belarus, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland, Republic of Moldova, Romania, Russian Federation, Slovakia, Ukraine. This region has the highest abortion rate in the world, at 43 abortions per 1,000 women.
- Middle Africa Countries: Angola, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Congo, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Equatorial Guinea, Gabon, Sao Tome and Principe.. Abortion rate: 36 per 1,000 women
You may not recognize it but in are taking big measures to fight for the sanctity of life around the world. We are not only hoping to see the future of the unborn child changed but also that of the mother carrying that child. You will never hear us talking about picketing clinics or different bills in the senate from the pulpit. Every time you hear us speak of hope and grace know we are talking about the solution to this global problem. Know every time we to vote see churches started in areas of city with higher than average abortion rates (Mableton) we are working to make a difference in this world. Know that when we send our friends off to the other side of the world to be messengers of hope we are doing the best good to make the greatest difference in this world.
Please remember this week that life matters. The unborn here and around the world. The woman carrying the child and the one who made decisions in the past she greatly regrets. The young and the old.