This week the couples of Vision are looking to magnify God’s attribute of being “eternally forgiving” in their marriage. You might say that marriage is a snow globe for God’s love towards the church. We believe that many of the issues our country is facing could be remedied by more people seeing the love of God in the marriages of Christian people. This week we are going to live out some challenges that are going to help us in the area of forgiveness.
- Choose a topic that has been the cause of bitterness, resentment, or unforgiveness and write your thoughts on the matter on a small piece of paper. After discussing it and praying over the matter burn the paper over a candle.
- Write down 1 thing to go on your list for the last week. (The last week has 3 blank spots where you can fill this in.)
- Read Ephesians 6:2 at the beginning of the day together. Resolve to not say anything negative about your spouse today.
- Talk with your spouse about establishing healthy rules of engagement.Â If your mate is not ready for this, then write out your own personal rules to “fight” by.Â Resolve to abide by them when the next disagreement occurs.
- Eliminate the poison of unrealistic expectations in your home. Â Think of one area where your spouse has told you you’re expecting too much, and tell them you’re sorry for being so hard on them about it. Â Promise them you’ll seek to understand, and assure them of your unconditional love.
- Act out Luke 7:37-50. Then discuss what the story teaches.