Dear Praying Friends,
February has gone by faster than we could have believed possible: I actually had to stop and think about where I was writing this from! We are in snowy Detroit, by way of coal country in southern Ohio, the mountains of the Carolinas, and just two weeks ago, sunny Florida! Please keep travel safety in your prayers, as we still have a missions conference in Illinois before we finally head home.
This has been an exciting trip for many reasons, we have picked up 3 new supporting churches, reconnected with old friends, met many wonderful people (including a lady from Barcelona), and have been able to encourage Christians to invest their lives in God’s plan for His people: the Great Commission. But the most exciting thing was that we saw three souls accept Christ as their Savior on this trip!
We are currently at 23% of our needed support, with many churches having promised to get behind our ministry financially later in the year, so we are right on track to set foot in Barcelona in the Fall of 2012! It has been amazing to see God touch hearts and open doors these past few months.
Here are some ways you can participate in our ministry:
* We are in the process of planning a multi-church missions trip for early 2012, holding evangelistic campaigns in Spain, Portugal, and possibly Northern Africa. If you would like to be a part, please let me know, and keep checking our website (www.pswe.net) for updates!
* We are saving to get Rosetta Stone language learning software, so we can be listening to and learning Spanish (and possibly Catalan) while on the road. If you have a copy that you’re not using (Continental Spanish or Catalan), or would like to give to this need, that would be a huge blessing.
* Pray that God will speed our journey to Spain, we can’t wait to start!
* Pray for God to keep using us while on deputation, encouraging churches, and discipling believers.
* Pray for safety on the road, we have travelled 25K miles so far in 6 months!
* Pray for language study on the road, that we will be able to get as much of a head start as possible.
Thanks so much for all your prayers, love, and support!
Yours for His Harvest,
Scott, Melissa, and Elena Newton