- This event has passed.
Christmas on the Northside
December 17, 2017 @ 5:00 pm - 8:30 pm
From the glowing of outside lights to the twinkling of a little child’s eye, the signs of the season are all around us! This truly can be the “most wonderful time of the year!” The birth of Jesus is mostly certainly worth celebrating. With all the business of this season we want to encourage and families to set time aside to pause, reflect, and rejoice in the birth of Christ! We have designated Sunday night, December the 17th as the time our church will set aside to celebrate the reason for the season! This has become one of our favorite annual traditions. Here are a few of the wonderful aspects of the night you can expect from Christmas on the Northside at Vision Baptist Church.
- Time of congregational singing of Christmas Carols. We will sing many of the traditional sings such as Silent Night and Joy to the World. We believe singing together is not only enjoyable but very important to our Christian life.
- Listen to many different singing groups and soloist in our church sing Classic and more modern Christmas songs. This will help give us time to meditate on the truths of God’s Word.
- Our Pastor will show and remind us of the Bible’s teaching about the birth of Christ. Hearing God speak through His Word is one of the greatest privileges we have!
- The Christmas singing will continue after the service as we make our way outside to enjoy some of the activities for the night.
- We will have soups, hot chocolate, cider, and different desserts to enjoy together. Sharing a meal together is one of the great traditions of Christmas we all enjoy.
- The bonfires will pull us together as we will laugh and share stories together.
- Train rides for the kids. (Like the train you see at the mall.)