Originally posted at AustinGardner.net
Welcome to a description of the Vision Baptist Intern! Thank you for your interest in serving the Lord Jesus Christ through the ministry of Vision Baptist Church and the Our Generation Training Center. The Vision Baptist Internship provides an opportunity to experience day-to-day life in the Lord’s work while working on a variety of tasks and projects.
In addition to normal church and office duties, interns attend weekly lectures, volunteer at special events, participate in tours, and contribute to world evangelism projects. Vision Baptist Internships are unpaid positions and participants are responsible for arranging their own transportation and housing (you can get help in the church office).
We invite you to apply. Please read over the Intern Application and the Vision Baptist Ministry descriptions carefully. Ministry descriptions can help you determine your areas of interest and assist you in making an informed decision about which ministries might fit your qualifications. Interns will be selected based on their application and demonstrated interest in spiritual service.
Applicants must be:
- At least 18 years of age on or before the first day of the internship
- A recent graduate from high school, a college student between semesters, or a recent college graduate.
Completed application materials must be submitted to Trent Cornwell, Intern Coordinator in the offices of Vision Baptist Church, at email@example.com.
Upon acceptance, candidates must consent to a background check prior to their start date. All background checks are confidential and intended to protect the intern as well as the ministry of Vision Baptist Church.
Again, thank you for your interest in the Vision Baptist Internship Program. We look forward to hearing from you.
Vision Baptist Ministries:
-Working with the computers, video, recordings, sound board and many other needs!
Businessmen Committed to World Evangelism
-Opportunity to spend time with men and women that have committed their lives totally to the causes of Jesus Christ through the businesses that God has given them.
Soul winning, bus visitation, phone evangelism, mail outs, etc.
-Life on life sharing to develop another as strong as the discipler, follow up, leadership training, be.do.serve.train
Children of Vision
-Children’s ministry reaching out to a multicultural community!
International Bible Outreach
-A ministry that reaches out via a Sunday School Class, blogs, outreach to many different nationalities.
-Web pages, blogs, email, and other ways used to get the message out and to reach new people with the gospel of Jesus Christ!
-Discipleship, preparation to be a pastor or missionary wife and serve where ever in the world, reaching out to the needy!
-Children’s ministry during the school year!
-Instruments, specials, choir, and every other way you can minister to the Lord and to others!
-A different level of discipleship–much further than new converts, basic discipleship!
-The pastor and staff travel to different mission fields every year and you may be able to make a trip if you wish!
Our Generation Training Center
-A school and training center preparing men and women to take the gospel to the world!
-Get with the pastor and learn about everything from sermon preparation to any and all other parts of the ministry!
-Every student from the OGTC knows that they must teach or preach 100 times to graduate–ready!
-A ministry of love to those that deal with addictions.
-There is so much you can do to further the cause of the Lord Jesus Christ by helping the staff.
-An active vibrant ministry reaching out to the Spanish community under the leadership of a Peruvian Pastor!
-From administration to teaching!
-One of the most important areas of ministry in a church if it is done right to reach and teach the Word of God!
-Spend time with missionaries, the world evangelism committee, and learn how to be part of reaching the world in our generation!
-There is much to be written each week that you could be used to accomplish!
Internship Application INSTRUCTIONS
1. Send a copy of your current resume
2. Three letters of recommendation
3. Send your application by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
4. If you have questions or problems with the application please contact Trent Cornwell via his email or by calling 770-456-5881.
5. The Vision Baptist Internship is a full time program
6. Have you served as an intern in another program or church prior to this application.
7. Please list three references. These may or may not be individuals who wrote your letters of recommendation.
8. Please list, in order of preference, the ministries that most interest you.
9. Narrative Question One: Why would you be a good representative of the Lord Jesus Christ and the ministry of Vision Baptist Church?
10. Narrative Question Two: What would you contribute to the Intern Program?
11. Narrative Question Three: Which ministry is most important to you? Why?
12. Narrative Question Four: What do you consider your most significant accomplishment? Why?
13. Narrative Question Five: What are your future ministry plans? What do you feel that God has called and gifted you to do?