Dear Vision Family,
Over the last week you should have become aware of God’s moving among our church to see a church planted in Fulton County in 2012. Pastor Gardner has shared a vision with the church to see us plant churches throughout metro Atlanta for the last five years. You could say it was part of the core values when the church came together. We would say it is simply obedience of a clear command to all churches.
We are in a very exciting time in our church! We have seen God work in amazing ways over the last five years as we have been obedient to God’s Word. Being a “reproducing church” locally is our next step as we continue to do “both” in world missions. We have been blessed to see several churches started over seas and know we will see one within driving distance!
Over the next 8 – 9 months we will use the blog, announcements, at times in the sermon, twitter, Facebook, and other means available to keep you aware of what is happening with the new church plant. There are many questions to be answered. Should we do this and who will do this are not let unanswered. We know according to God’s Word we should do it and we know according to God’s Word the church planter should be the church!
When the church leadership is asked, as our Pastor was tonight in the Q & A session, who is planting the church you will hear, “You are!”. This will take the entire church being involved through literature distribution, giving of their musical abilities, teaching future workers, modeling the discipleship ministry, setting up, and teaching. All the talents being used at Vision Baptist in Alpharetta are needed in the new church plant so all of us are needed.
In trying to keep you in the know of what is going on I would like to give you a few links to look over. Also, I will list a few practical ways to make sure you know some ways to be involved.
- Pray. This can not be overstated. This is a daunting task for a young church. We need no other service from those who do not start with prayer.
- Give. In the foyer of our church you will find small gift boxes. We will be taking the gift boxes up in every offering throughout the month of December. We believe we will need approximately $10,000 in start up funds for this project.
- Research. Next time you go out to eat, to the park with some friends, or just want to drive around consider going to a city between Alpharetta and the perimeter (285). Pray and ask God to show you opportunities for our church to minister to the community.
- Gather contacts. As you meet people looking for a church in their area take down their info. Maybe God will allow us to start a church in their area someday!
- Read. The articles that will come out on the church blog and our pastor’s personal blog.
Here are some articles that you will help you as you stay involved in this awesome endeavor!
- Here are some thoughts from our pastor about Project Fulton County from his blog AustinGardner.net
- Article stating Fulton County is in the top 100 counties with the fewest Baptist Churches per capita.
- Sermon by Dr. Earl Jessup challenging our church to be a reproducing church.
- Screen Saver to download with a challenge to keep it on screen until Launch Service of new church.