Here are just some thoughts about raising children that God will use to get the gospel message around the world. You can think on them and then comment below and tell me what you think!
Proverbs 22:6 Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.
1. You can only raise up and train what you are! You will reproduce after your kind! Like father like son! Your children will enjoy your hobbies and what you enjoy.
2. That first point should make you think about your relationship with God. Are you a good solid Christian? Are you living what you want your children to live? Do you pray and see God answer your prayers?
3. Do you have a passionate concern for getting the name of Jesus and the gospel message around the world? Do you tell others about your faith?
4. Does Jesus, the cause of world evangelism, and other like subjects come up in your conversation on a regular basis?
5. Do you have friendships that are related to this subject? Do your children get to meet and know missionaries because they are your friends? Do your children hear you speak highly of them and the work that they are doing?
6. Do you give sacrificially of your treasures to get the gospel around the world? Talk is cheap! You spend money on what is important to you!
7. Do you have a deep love for God and the things of God that results in action in your life?
If you can answer those questions correctly then you are well on your way to raising up a child that will be used to glorify God. If you answered negatively then you either fix the problem or accept that your children will turn out much like you!