Deuteronomy 32:31 Â For their rock is not as our Rock, even our enemies themselves being judges.
Even those that do not believe in ourÂ God recognize that He is not like any other. That is what Moses said about their enemies. I believe that it is true today! That is why they hate Him so much. That is why they want Him out of our society and want to get us to not talk about Him or think about Him but seem very comfortable with other religious ideas, other rocks. Because their rock is not like our Rock! Here are the truths about our Rock:
- He is the Rock! Â Deuteronomy 32:4 That means there is no otherÂ God but God and you can only get to Him through Jesus Christ. John 14:6
- His work is perfect!Â Deuteronomy 32:4Â He does all things right! He finishes what He starts! Philippians 1:6. When He does something it is forever Ecclesiastes 3:14
- All His ways are of judgment or right and based on truth!Â Deuteronomy 32:4Â He never makes mistakes Romans 8:28
- Unlike all other gods He is aÂ God of truth and there is no sin in Him. He is just and right!Â Deuteronomy 32:4Â
Our sin is found in this next verse that talks about our Rock in this chapter.Â
- WeÂ don’t even think about our Rock, the God who made us! We live life ignoring Him! We have forgotten Him!Â Deuteronomy 32:18
Our victory, success, blessing comes from the goodness of our Rock, the God of Heaven!Â Deuteronomy 32:30. Victory would not have been Israel’s if God had not done the work. It was God who had stopped the enemy. Do you look to God to work in your life or do you just do your thing and hope that God is happy?
So the point is that we have different rocks! Our Rock is alive. He is good! He is right! He works in our lives! They have to carry their rock around. They serve literally a rock that they carved with their own hands (a god of their own making)Â and he doesÂ nothing for them.
I want you to know how rich this point is! God is a Rock, the Rock. That means He is firm! He is the rock ofÂ Gibraltar. Really He make the rock ofÂ GibraltarÂ look like nothing. He is there. He is not going anywhere. He has always been there and always will be.
Have you forgotten Him? Do you live only paying attention to Him on Sunday mornings? Does He and His will even cross your mind?
There is no other God like our Rock. We ought to rejoice and be very happy in that. It should change the way we live, the way we think, everything.
Today, will you think about the Rock?