We had a wonderful kick off to our 2009 theme last Sunday morning. Pastor Austin preached an phenomenal message entitled “Standing in the Gap”. If you were not able to make it let me encourage you to listen to the message online.
We have been getting great feedback from people on the “gaps” they plan on trying to fill by God’s grace. I just wanted to give you a reminder of a few ways you can get involved.
– Pastor Austin is starting a discipleship group for couples. There are a couple of spots still available. Email him if you would like to join them. (email@example.com)
– Take a country cutout from the welcome center. We would like to get every country of the world adopted for this year.
– Sign up to be an Amigo Friend. You will be able to welcome an international student into you home. Email me if you have any questions. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
– Go to our stand in the gap page at visionbaptist.com and find out positions in the ministry that need volunteers.
– Go to our stand in the gap page at visionbaptist.com and find out some of the financial gaps you can fill.
– Go to our stand in the gap page at visionbaptist.com and submit a prayer request and pray for others in the church.
– Sign up for personal discipleship to help better prepare you to fill one of the many volunteer opportunities we have in our church.
– Pray and ask God to show you the “gaps” you need to feel. Maybe it will be talking to you neighbor today. Maybe a call to a family member. Ask God to guide you.
Last but not least let me encourage to you purchase a “Stand in the Gap” long sleeve t-shirt from the youth department. The cost of the shirt is $15 and all proceeds go towards the youth ministry. You can see a picture of it in the picture above. Email Chris Fies (email@example.com) if you are interested in representing this great cause via a super cool shirt.