I just wanted to remind you of something very important. We can’t go over the same things over and over so I wanted to just post this so that you could use it in your ministry at Vision. We wrote these rules up as a tool to help us reach and keep more people. I hope you like them and can use them. I would love your comments on this when you get a chance just click below and tell me what you think.
1. The three minute rule. We are not to speak to someone we know in the first three minutes after the service. We must seek out first attenders or guests and greet them.
2. Never ask if they are a visitor or if it is there first time. Just ask how long they have been at Vision. That way you do not offend the visitor or first attender.
3. Be sure to help the first attender find the bathroom, classrooms etc so that they can feel at home
4. Be sure they know where the nursery is
5. Learn their name
6. Introduce the guest to the pastoral staff and other friends
7. Be seated with the guest if it seems to be agreeable to them
8. Give them a tour of the church
9. Be sure to get all the information you can without being intrusive or nosy
10. Be sure that he gets a visit, card or call from you and the church during the week
11. Pray for the first attender during the service and until God saves him
12. Ask if he has questions, doubts, etc
13. Shake hands warmly and look him in the eye
14. Be sure that their children know where to go for Sunday School or childrenâ€™s church etc
15. Be aware if he shows interest in being saved during the service
16. Take the first attender to the welcome center and then to meet the pastor in the guest reception
17. Make personal notes of their names and anything you spoke about so you can call them by name the next time they attend.