Father Knows Best!

I went to bed last night thinking of all the people in our church that are dealing with issues and problems. I want you to know that i love you and literally sleep with or over your problems. It was a sweet time last night at church when I prayed at the end of the service for you.

I felt like God heard my prayers and will be meeting your needs. I wish there was something more that I could do but there really isn’t except for this. I would like to share a few things from the Word of God that might encourage you.

We have people in our church, who I hope will read this post, that are suffering from many different types of problems. There are marriage issues, loneliness, job situations, business problems, financial problems, parent child issues, etc. I want to help you. I wish there were some way I could take all of your problems away and give you relief but I can’t but you can run to the Lord Jesus and get help.

First could I remind you that He is God and that He is in control. I want to give you just a few thoughts that you can meditate on today!

Nothing is happening to you by accident.

Psalm 37:23-24 says:

The steps of a good man are ordered by the LORD: and he delighteth in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down: for the LORD upholdeth him with his hand.

The good man can only be good by the grace of God. If you have been saved and are on your way to heaven then you are a good man. He is ordering your steps. He knows what He is doing and He has a purpose in your life. He will not forsake you or allow you to be utterly or totally cast down. He is holding you by His hand though right now you do not feel that He is.

Trust Him right now. Tell Him you trust Him and wait on Him!

Everything that is happening in your life is for your good and He is using it to conform you to the image of His Son.

Romans 8:28-29 says

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose. For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

Betty and I have gone through some pretty strong attacks on our lives, financially, emotionally, physically, etc but God has always worked it out. He doesn’t always get us out of the mess but He uses it in our lives to build us and make us what He wants us to be. He has a purpose. You are not an accident and you are not a victim. That is impossible for us! He will work it out and He is making us like Jesus.

A first step would be a very hard step but it would be to take your needs to the Lord in prayer and leave them there. Some how you must have emotional, spiritual release. You must let God so that God can do whatever He wants to do and you will be happy just to be serving Him. Take your requests, go see Him and lay out your requests before Him right now. Tell Him that you will wait on Him to do in your life what He wants to do and that you are thanking Him for it right now.

Philippians 4:4 says

Rejoice in the Lord alway: and again I say, Rejoice.

We are to rejoice in the Lord, not our business, not our health, not our marriage, because all of these things are fragile but I can promise you this much: At the end of the day regardless of what happens in your business or job God will still be there, Jesus will still love you, you will still be saved. Rejoice in the Lord no matter what is happening. That is much easier said than done but I think we do it by commandment and not my emotion. It is an action not an emotion. It is what you are supposed to do not what you feel like doing.

Habakkuk 3:17-18 says

Although the fig tree shall not blossom, neither shall fruit be in the vines; the labour of the olive shall fail, and the fields shall yield no meat; the flock shall be cut off from the fold, and there shall be no herd in the stalls: Yet I will rejoice in the LORD, I will joy in the God of my salvation.

Yes it may all go wrong but I need to keep my heart and mind focused on Him and His goodness. The unusual thing is that while I am writing this a news alert comes in the email that says; “NEW HOME CONSTRUCTION DOWN 24.8 PERCENT FOR 2007, BIGGEST DROP IN 27 YEARS!” Isn’t that the point. I must rejoice in the Lord.

Isaiah 26:3 says

Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee.

The problem is to keep focused not on the job, the problem but on the Lord God of Heaven who is King of Kings and Lord of Lords. The one who is directing your paths and knows exactly what He is doing. The focus has to be on what He is trying to accomplish. Keep your eyes on Him and stay faithful to Him and you can know that when you have been tried you will come forth as gold.

Job 23:8-10 says

Behold, I go forward, but he is not there; and backward, but I cannot perceive him: On the left hand, where he doth work, but I cannot behold him: he hideth himself on the right hand, that I cannot see him: But he knoweth the way that I take: when he hath tried me, I shall come forth as gold.

Philippians 4:5 says

Let your moderation be known unto all men. The Lord is at hand.

This word moderation means: to be patient, to endure, to forbear, to keep it under control. You are under attack. It seems nothing is working out. You want to run and scream but instead you find your way back to your prayer closet and you beg God for strength and then you get up and keep going. Let all men see what your trust in God is doing in your life. You have ever right to be losing your head right now if you weren’t a son of God but you are.

Philippians 4:6-8 says

Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

Our King and Lord does not want us to worry. He wants us to trust Him and to believe that He has it under control. He wants us to come to Him like small, trusting children with our needs! He wants us to ask Him to meet those needs and say thank you immediately. He wants us to get up and go out believing that He is going to work it out. He wants us to focus our thoughts on truth and power. He has not given us a spirit of fear!

Now I know that this article is already too long but let me give you one more thing today. There is a truth that will get you through if you can hear it and apply it.

Matthew 6:34 says

Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.

Are you going to be able to make it through today? Has God already provided you with enough strength and whatever you need to make it today. Then if He has work on today and let Him take care of tomorrow.

I am sure that I have bored you and you probably will not have read this far but if you have maybe you could make a comment and let me know where I have misspoken, or what I could add or take away.

I hurt for you. I love each of you. I feel the care of the church. I want to be a blessing. Let me know if you read this and what you think simply by clicking on the word comments and adding yours

7 thoughts on “Father Knows Best!”

1. Pingback: Help When You Have Problems « Northwest News!

2. Pingback: God Answers Prayer « BCWE Business Review!

3. Pingback: Vision News! » Great couple of days!