Independent Baptist Churches looking for a pastor

That is one of the search items that leads people to the Vision News on a regular basis. I just thought that since it seems that so many make that search that maybe I should say a word to each of you!

I do not know of any churches looking for a pastor in Georgia. I certainly hope that Vision is not looking for a new pastor–at least not right now.

What I do know is that we are in desperate need for men to start new churches even here in Georgia. I know that sounds like a contradiction but if you will study the number of churches you will find that there is a need.

People say that there is now no county in the entire USA where over 50% of the people are faithful to any church. That means that the US is officially not really churched! Yes there are churches on every corner but most are not full and are not filling up! Something needs to be done.

Inside the perimeter or Atlanta you will find very few independent Baptist Churches. From 285 to our exit there aren’t very many but there are multiplied tens of thousands of people.

Though I do not know of any churches looking for a pastor I do know that Vision Baptist and I want to train and prepare some men to start strong independent churches all over the USA and even here in Georgia and Atlanta. We want to start daughter churches both here in the USA and around the world.

If you might be interested in being a church planter and would like an apprenticeship you can contact us here on this blog, via the phone or at the church. I am not talking about just giving an offering–I mean an internship and training.

We want to train men for 2 years and then get behind them with all that we have to start churches in the USA. Pray with us about it. Get in touch.

We do not know where there are churches looking for a pastor but we do know a church that is looking for men who want to make a difference by planting a church whether it is here in Georgia, somewhere else in the USA or around the world.

Comments

1. says

I’m so thankful I’ve come across this post.

At my blog you’ll find this is my first pastorate and I’m right at 9 years as a pastor. For a couple of years now it’s been my desire to get to Georgia to continue on with a church OR have the Lord use me and my family to see a new church begin.

I would love to talk with you more about this. It would be my blessing if you’d want to start off by emailing me back that you’d want to visit with me on this. My email is szek1029(at)gmail(dot)com.

From there, if you’d like to give me a contact number, I’d call or whatever you’d have me to do.

I really look forward to hearing from you…

Lord bless!

• Rev.Evan,Jowa Mbella says

I am married and i have been in ministry for 8 years now.I have worked with many ministries in Cameroon and i now pastor my own church call Cornerstone Chapel.our vision,is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ to all men,bringing back hope to the hopeless and helping all men to fulfill God’s purpose on earth.I want some body to support my ministry church for us.you can fine us on facebook by typing Simon Mbella.Tell.237 77688239,

• Mike Pugh says

I am married, and Ordained Minister with the assembly of God. I have been preaching/pastor teacher for over 17 years, and have planted a church and assisted in planting another church. If you know of a church that is looking for a pastor, please contact me. Thank you. I am looking to remain in the York /Adams/Lancaster County, PA or Maryland areas.

2. jimmy heard says

i have been preaching for 38 years. i am married for26 years, i am looking to pastor a church, so if you can help pleased let me no

3. pastor Tim Wimes says

I’ve already started a independent baptist church in the panama city area.Married 5 children right now we hold meetings out of a community center,we are still in our conception stage. The Lord also has given me the desire to go into prison we need serious prayer, and financial support. Please help

4. James Pascarella says

The Lord has placed me the pastorate and I am praying and seeking the place God has for me to serve. I have been active in door to door evangelism and preaching over 28 years and want to help people come to understand God’s will for them and disciple as many as would be discipled. Looking to shepard in North Georgia or eastern Tennesse.

5. Arthur Landfair Jr says

I have been in the Georgia area for almost 2 years and am looking to pastor a church in this area. I pastored my home church in Detroit, MI for 10 years and now I am serving as a Chaplain intern with Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta. I have been applying to churches but haven’t been able to find the right fit. I am interested in church planting, I joined your facebook page. My email address is arthurlandfair99@yahoo.com. I look forward to hearing from you. God Bless

6. Pastor Benson.A. says

The Lord has placed me the pastorate and I am praying and seeking the place God has for me to serve. I have been active in door evangelism and preaching over 3 years and want to help people come to understand God’s will for them and disciple as many as would be discipled,and winning souls for Christ.

Pastor Benson Azubuike
    phone:+2348066146575,Abia State, Nigeria.
    Email:benschibuisi@yahoo.com

7. says

I am a born again man eating at a indepedent table and active in a jail ministry and nursing home works. I feel a need to grow up a minsitry and have a practice of door to door work and wonder about church starting in the area around Chattanooga TN. We need KJV independent works and train up a group of people who will go and evanglize and serve the Lord with joy. God can and I want to see it.

In Christ Service;

James A Pascarella

• keith W says

We will be praying for you and the ministry God has given you to do. One of the toughest Jobs I believe is a in state ministry but is most needed. So many times knocking on doors could do more good in the name of Jesus and you may never know it and they may never attend a church but you could have stopped them from being in the middle of hurting them selves or someone else. they may even gripe about you coming by but the person they told may say I need to go to church and they may even go together and get saved. That is the power, Love and Grace of God who is their for any one if they Just believe in Jesus. A lot of the ways that God accomplishes that is through His people walking in that grace and telling and showing that love and Grace to other people that can only comes from Jesus. Ephesians2:8 remember it is not who you are and what you do but it is whos you are and what Jesus did. Romans 5:8 God bless.

8. STANLEY SUNDAY says

Pastor Benson Azubuike
    phone:+2348062494571or +2348050989497,Lagos ibadn express wayEmail:standine_2@yahoo.co.uk

9. STANLEY SUNDAY says

Pastor Benson Azubuike
    phone:+2348062494571,
    Email:standine_2@yahoo.co.uk

10. Dr. Robert Leenerts says

I believe the Bible to be the Words of God, and is the absolute authority in determining the faith and practice of God’s people.I hold two Doctorates, and am working on my third. I believe in winning the lost ( both foreign and domestic)by whatever means necessary, equipping the saints (by teaching and preaching the Bible), and leading by example. My family and I served on the foreign mission field. I taught in a Bible institute. I now believe the Lord is directing me to take a Pastorate. I am looking for a Pastorate preferrably in North Carolina. You can reach me at:
    cell-828-514-2460
    home-828-635-6743
    email:rleenerts@yahoo.com

11. Kevin M. Arbogast says

I would like to start a church in Middle GA / Life center. I have been preaching for several years. mast Churches around here a looking for some one that has been a pastor for several years already. but I have not. I have been doing supply preaching for several years. I am ready for leading a church I help church plant two churches in Ohio. And among other things I feel I am ready to church Plant one of my own.

God bless
    Here from you soon
    Kevin M. Arbogast

12. l.w. bryant says

Is this offer just for men? Or is it open to both men and women. I live in Atlanta and I see what you see (NEED TO CHURCH THE UNCHURCHED) as you may realize now, I am a female preacher.

Yours in Christ.

13. l.w. bryant says

I may be reached at RESTORATION4U2@aol.com

Yours in Christ.

• Cody says

Vision Baptist is a church that follows Biblical views and instructions.
      God’s Holy Word forbids women to serve as Pastors or Elders.

14. William O. Helzel (age 74) says

I am currently assistant pastor @ Frostbite House of Prayer (8 years).[Southeast TN] Am considering working with a struggling church to help build them in the Lord. Looking for open door of hands on ministry (pastoral). Have started works in Wilmerding, PA, and in Mansfield, Pa and worked in struggling mission works in Brockway, PA and near Nineveh, PA Have worked in pulpit supply and as interim positions as well. Am ordained Southern Baptist (1981) with a Master’s degree from Covington Theological Seminary (1986) Have been “burned” by “Mother Church program” in the past. I do not take as “gospel” everything I hear from ministers as a result. I have been divorced and recently widowed. (Aug. 2009)(after 14 years Some hold my past against me. However, I believe God forgives completely.

• keith W says

Don’t give up brother it takes just as much grace for them as it does for you. Ephesians 2:8 and never forget it is not who you are and what you have done
      it is who’s you are in Christ Jesus and What He has done for all of us. When people minimize their sin and maximize someone else’s it demeans Jesus and what He did on the cross for everyone if they just choose to believe in Christ as their personal Savior. Grace is not a license to sin but if you think that way you are not walking in Gods precious Grace. Sadly a lot of leaders think that once they have been saved they have to keep themselves saved and they limit God from ever truly using them.. God bless and I pray that God puts you were it is a blessing for you and them and most of all people are lead to Christ healed and filled with His precious Holy spirit, in the name of Jesus.

15. says

I am seeking a church that’s in need of a Bible believing, teaching pastor.I been in the ministry 31 years. I am a Graduate of Andersonville Theological Seminary,with a Bachelor degree in Religious Education.I have a teaching ministry in my home with a small group, and I’m teaching them how to apply scriptures to their everyday life. God through Jesus Christ saved us to be a witness for him. I teach the group how to look for opportunities to plant seed everyday.

16. Art Shady says

I have been preaching for 30 years and have been married for 20 years. I am looking to pastor a church that is traditional and KJB believing. Please email me at art_shady@yahoo.com for more information.

• says

dear ron , still looking for a pastor ? i noticed the date is a while back . i am a fundamental , independent baptist missionary . i am looking for pastorate work . i am kjv only ,and eternally secure . i preach the book , the blood and the blessed hope . if it’s not to late email me and let me know . i have a video on my website that i feel say’s it all about america .

17. Reynaldo R. Aguilar says

I was in a pioneering work ministry for about 22 years here in the Philippines, graduated at International Baptist Theological College, under IBMF. I am also an independent Baptist preacher. Pls send me more information.

18. Alex Cordero says

I am a conservative Baptist preacher (KJV)I have been in the ministry for 24 years,I have planted ten Spanish speaking churches and have pastored three English speaking churches, and for the last 13 years I have been a chaplain for Amick Farms, SC where I am a counselor and minister to African American, Whites, Latinos. I also Have a degree from Cambridge Theological Seminary, with a concentration in church devlopment
    office / 803-532-1483
    cell / 864-992-2486

19. says

I was in this pastoral service for 20 years.
    I worked with many churches in ghana for many years.
    In 2007,24th march, i decided to open my own branch in ghana here, and now have a branch at Mafi-Kumase in the volta region of ghana.
    Our mission is to preach the true gospel to the people of ghana , take care of street children , orphans and open more churches in ghana here.
    My church name is (GRACE HOUR PRAYER CENTER)), I want some body to support my ministry or be mother church for us. You visit us on above mentioned website for more about us.
    Contact us on phone no +233248050490 +233278634421
    May God Bless You.
    Rev. Prophet Stephen Gbeve

20. Alex Cordero says

At the present time am not pastoring, but I am looking for an independent bible believing baptist church that is in need of a bilingual pastor in the Aiken, Lexington,Saluda area. I currently reside in Batesburg, SC

please see my comment I made on July 05, 2010 thanks

May the Lord richly bless you

1-803-532-1483
    1-864-992-2486

• Chris harrison (fellowship Baptist Greenwood,sc says

I am filling in for Fellowship Baptist in Greenwood,SC. They are looking for a Pastor. if you are interested email me and let me know. my phone # 864-229-6680

• richardMooneyhan says

I have a resume ready to send, I live central Fl. and have over 30 yrs. experience in churchstaff work, includingpastoring3 churches, currently doing evangelist work, but ready to pastor again352-622-9974 or email, if interested

21. says

I AM A WIDOWER MY WIFE OF MANY YEARS PASSED AWAY IN JANUARY 31 2010, I COMPLETED MY THEOLOGY DEGREE AT “TENNESSEE TEMPLE UNIVERSITY IN 1973,UNDER DR. LEE ROBERSON.I HAVE BEEN GIVEN THE GIFT OF PASTOR/TEACHER AND DEPEND TOTALLY ON THE GUIDANCE OF THE HOLY SPIRIT.MY PRAYER AND EFFORTS IS ALWAYS TO SEE PROPLE SAVED AND THEN BECOME A “LEARNED BABY OF THE LORD” AS I SEEK TO TEACH THEM AND WATCH THEM GROW TO BECOME A CHRISTIAN WHO KNOWS “THE BOOK” AND CAN REPRODUCE AS THEY LEAD OTHERS TO CHRIST THIS IS THE CORRECT PROCEDURE AS I STUDY THE EARLY CHURCH AND FOLLOW THE THE LEADERSHIP OF THE HOLY SPIRIT,PLEASE PRAY GOD WILL GUIDE ME TO A PLACE PRAYING FOR THE LORD TO SEND THEM A MAN WHO BOTH LOVES THE LORD AND SEEKS TO SEE A LOST WORLD COME TO CHRIST, MAY GOD BLESS YOU…205 4263855 PHONE FEEL FREE TO CONTACT ME IF LORD DIRECT YOU…

22. Evng Phillip (Randy) Bullington says

I am currently an Evangelist living in Florence Al. My home church is Ocala Baptist Temple, in Ocala, Fl. I am an Independent Fundamental Baptist. My experience is that of Pulpit supply (filling in when a Pastor is out), Assistant Pastor, and Evangelist. As an Evangelist, my ministry deals mostly with revival of the churches. My theme is Mathew 9:37 “…The harvest truly plentious, but the laborers are few. I too see problems every where I go. It seams to me that the Four greatest problems with today’s churches are the lack of concern for the lost (a lack of revival, resulting in no regenerated church membership), pastors willing to compromise, and a lack of Pastors who are willing to serve for less. With the leading of the Lord, I am available for Revivals, pulpit supply, and dinner on the grounds. I have been married to my wife for 37 years and don’t intend to change that. We have taken our vows seriously through out our marriage. I will soon be available to pastor, but I currently have obligations. In the meantime, I am available for revivals. I well be available for North Alabama, Fl, Southern Tn., and possibly West Pa. My theme was once “church motivator”, but it scared people as they thought I was a “feel good” preacher like many on TV. I’m far from it! Please let me know how I can help. My telephone number is; (356)3275-3666 (not on my hand or forehead).

23. James Scott says

Saved at the age of eight and called to preach at the age of seventeen, I have been a independent, fundamental Baptist all of my life. I preach from nothing but the KJV. I am sixty-three years of age and my wife and I have been married for forty-two years. We are also grandparents to seventeen.

My field of service to the Lord has been: eighteen years in missions, fifteen years in the pastorate and for the past eight years, I have be the director of a ministry of a Christian academy and home for troubled teens. (It is also independent and fundamental Baptist).

I am willing to go whereever the Lord leads: senior pastor, assistant pastor, seniors ministry pastor or what He wants us to do. I am in good health and so is my wife. I sing and have some experience with singing specials and working with the choir.

I am in full-time ministry at the present, but do definitely believe the Lord is wanting us to change venues of service.Thank you for taking the time to read this. If you would like to speak with me further, you may call me at (423) 618-4090.

24. says

Do you want to start a new church in a neighboring community. We can help make that dream a reality. We only work through churches, churches start churches. We don’t start churches, we help churches start churches. We come and help you come up with a game plan, then we come and visit for the new church and help find a place to meet. Then we stay and help your man through the initial few weeks and then leave the church for you and he to continue. We keep in contact with the new church pastor and their sponsoring church and offer help as needed. Call 865-748-5419 for more information.

Is your church in need of a pastor? We can help you find a good one, and can come to your church and supply until you find the right one.

Is your church struggling? Call us and we will try to help.

We are also available for local church revivals, mission conferences, and camp meetings. Call Bro. Art Shady at 865-748-5419 or email art_shady@yahoo.com.

25. Pastor AT says

I am a pastor/preacher looking for a flock to feed. KJV only. Old fashioned. Looking for a _Bible_ believing church that follows Christ’s doctrines, instead of man’s doctrines. Will go anywhere the Lord needs me and my family to go.

Contact me at xtnwam(at)gmail(dot)com.

26. PASTOR ERNEST BRAINS says

APPLICATION FOR PASTORING IN YOUR CHURCH

DEAR SIR,
    CALVARY GREETINGS TO YOU IN JESUS NAME. I AM PASTOR ERNEST BRAINS A GRADUATE OF EVANGEL THEOLOGICAL COLLEGE & SEMINARY P.O BOX 7292 , ABIA STATE NIGERIA – AN AFFILIATE OF VISION INTERNATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF USA.

SIR I HAVE GONE THROUGH ALL YOUR CHURCH INFORMATION’S AND I HAVE INTEREST IN PASTORING IN ONE OF THE BRANCHES. SIR I WILL BE SO GLAD IFYOUR CHURCH, WE GIVE ME THE OPPORTUNITY TO SHARE THE GLORY OF GOD WHICH I HAVE IN ME WITH OTHER BRETHREN.

YOURS IN
    VINE-YAND
    PASTOR ERNEST BRAINS.

27. Lawrence Edwards says

To: Whom it may concern I am a former Pastor,that have 7 years Experience in my Former Pastorate. I Have Read all the Information in this Website For Independent Baptist Churches looking -through Vision Baptist Church,I would be glad to serve in this organization,with the skills the Lord has given me to Edification,through my Pastorate Direction and guidance under the Holy Spirit. I not in Georgia. but in Michigan.

Minister of Christ

28. Rev. Jason Holliman says

I am looking to pastor again. I have been preaching for 14 years now and have my Associates Degree in Divinity and will be starting my Bachelors. I have a desire to pastor and reach the lost for CHRIST. I am interested in more information about your program. Thanks and have a very Blessed day.

Rev. Jason Holliman

29. Samuel Amoateng says

i am a prophet of God who God has for the past 15 years i would like to heard a your church in Ghana Accra.

30. Samuel Amoateng says

Please this is Prophet Amoateng again i just wrote to you. editing it i realized i did not compose my sentence well. i am a prophet of God whom God has used for the past 15 years. i would be very greatful you could give me this opportunity to head a new church. I am married and my wife support these work. work is plenty but the workers are few.

your dearest in Christ.

Prophet Samuel Nana Amoateng

31. says

PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF ANY BAPTIST CHURCH NEEDS A PASTOR.I AM A PASTOR OF DAMAN BAPTIST CHURCH AND I WANT TO GO ABROAD TO WORK.SO PLEASE PRAY FR ME.
    FOR SOULS I PREACH CHRIST IN NOTH INDIA
    PASTOR PRASANT MANDAL
    MUMBAI,INDIA

32. Rev. Dr. MEP Martin says

Seminarian graduate, 25 years of pastoring, looking for a church who is serious about ministry and souls for the kingdom of God …I am available

33. says

Looking to fill an empty pulpit in a small church. Go to my website: steveoinchrist.yolasite.com to look at my beliefs, testimony, etc. I am willing to go wherever the Lord leads and a door opens. You can reach me at 740 457 8414. I am in total agreement with this websites beliefs and statement of faith. I use only KJV, and am pre-tribulational and pre-millenial. Missionary minded, and separated.

In Christ,
    Bro. Steve Crawford

34. Dr. Timothy Anderson says

I have over 36 years ministry experience.Soul Winning,Out reach,Bus Ministry,Senior Saints plus much more.I am praying that the Lord would direct us to a church that wants to grow spiritually and deeper in their walk with the Lord.I ask only if you are serious minded about this to contact us. Thankyou.Dr.Anderson

35. says

I am in South Africa. Leaving in a Gauteng Province in Germiston. I wonder if you can help me to open a church in one of the East Rand Areas, or maybe if you know of a church that needs a pastor, I am available.

I have drums, keyboard player, 2 X Speakers, Amplefier, 3 X Mikes + 2 X Mike stands.

For more information you can contact me on my e-mail.

36. David Israel says

Dear in christ. welcome in shinyanga Tanzania toestablish church. my name is david Israel. thankyou and god blessyou.

37. says

Dear brothers in Christ i am a Filipino baptist missionary working in Muslim area here in Mindanao phillippine to bring the massage of salvation to the unreachable group of people the Muslim tribe i am looking for churches to help as partner on this ministry in term of prayer. God bless

38. says

I’ve been in the ministry for 45 years. Have been pastor at present church for 25 years. I feel like I can still reach another generation for the Lord. I work well with teens and kids, as well as adults. Our church here has grown from 70 to high days over 500 and an average between 300 – 350 with many saved every year. I am an author of 3 children’s books and 1 adult book, “Can I Still Be A Shepherd If I’m As Dumb As The Sheep?”. Looking for a church that might be interested in hiring me and my son, who has worked with me for 16 years. That way, if the church approved, there could be a smooth changeover in leadership later on. He stands where I do in every area. We work well together because we have different strengths and weaknesses. Any way, I thought I would put it out there! We are KJV, pre-trib., hate sin and love souls!

39. DR. JAMES WEBB says

Greetings in the Name of the Lord:

My name is Jim Webb, graduate of Midwestern Baptist College, Pontiac, MI, class of 1983. Shortly after graduation, I felt called of the Lord to pioneer in planting a church in the Wheeling, WV area. In September 1983 my family and I founded Belmont County Baptist Church in St.Clairsville, OH which was about nine miles from Wheeling, WV. We were there until July 1988 and saw many souls come to Christ.

We then relocated back to the Columbus, OH area and in September 1991 founded New Beginnings Baptist Church. I was the senior pastor there for 19 years. During that time, God allowed us to purchase nine acres of property, build three buildings as well as a 38×30 garage. I resigned and retired in October 2010. But since was invited back to preach for their 20th anniversary and preach a three day revival.

As difficult as it was for us to leave the congregation that we had grown to love over the years, I felt it best to relocate because my wife struggled with arthritis and fibromyalgia. We moved to Conway, SC in October 2010.

I received my Bachelors from Midwestern Baptist College in May 1983. I have also done masters work through Liberty School of Lifelong Learning. A
    Doctorate Degree was bestowed on me from Midwestern Baptist College for my life’s ministerial work and founding and starting two churches.
    I love to preach the word of God and I am convinced after visiting several churches that preachers need to preach the word today more than ever without apology. I use the KJV without apology.

If you have a need for someone to fill your pulpit, I would be honored to come. I may be reached at 843-331-1234 or 614-738-9522.

May the Lord bless you.

40. says

I’m a Evangelist of the Lord Jesus Christ,a Fundamentalist(A bible Christian)and I’m interested in being train and to serve as a Church planter,I pray to God for everything in Christ.

41. Rev.Darrel Griffith says

God bless you in your efforts! I am an experienced Pastor with the Church of God and am very interested in what you are doing and would appreciate more information.

42. daniel scarberry says

I have preach for 14 years work in prison and a out reach married 17 years 2 kids never pastor looking for a church to pastor in NC

43. 443529455 says

brother kalu iroegbu: I am looking for church who can help me to train me as pastor, I do know that I have the calling to preach our lord jesus to the world . I am looking forward to hear from you…. my phone number is 4435294556